Monday, September 22, 2008

Just Say No, Clo!

I watched "Dancing with the Stars" a few seasons ago. I enjoyed it and was entertained. However, tonight I happened to turn to it in time to see Cloris Leachman take her turn. Cloris is 82, and while she looks great for 82, it was painful to watch her dance. She was funny during the post-dance interview, but when she received her total score of 16, it was sort of sad.

I have liked Cloris Leachman since her Mary Tyler Moore days. But I don't enjoy seeing her plod across the dance floor. So the question remains, "Why did she do it?"

I guess she's just like the rest of us who say "Yes" when we should say "No." We think something is a good idea (like that bag of M&M's) and end up realizing it was a bad idea too late. Maybe I'll learn a lesson from Cloris - there comes a point where the obvious answer is No. I just have to say it.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I agree with all your points but have to add that I laughed my head off when she stuck her leg (pretty nice looking) up on the table and during all her other "judge antics." I just hope that I can walk upright without assistance when I am 82!