Monday, August 25, 2008

What A Way To Start A Monday!

Let's face it. Mondays are not the best way to start a week. It's back to work day, recovery from the weekend day, the day to catch up from last week's sloth, a day of meetings to get the week's work on track, Murphy's Law day, and just a day that sometimes that seems hard to get going. Musicians even write songs about this day.

So imagine my surprise when I open my email, find a note from Kat, go to Ladybugs (which I do on a daily basis, but was waiting until later in the day for her to post, after all, it's Monday), and what do I find? I'm her Inspirational Person of the Week!

To say I'm humbled is to put it mildly. Kat is a person who maintains two other blogs in addition to Ladybugs, mothers two wonderful daughters, wives a husband, works an intense (to me) job outside her home, quilts unbelievable creations, cares for people I read about, and undoubtedly does even more I don't even know about. And she thinks I'm inspiring? What an amazing compliment, especially considering the source.

Her post today caused me to stop and think. What if every Monday I did something similar for someone else? What if I took the most challenging day of the week and used it to make someone's day special? What if I started someone's day on a high note, as mine was today?

And so it will be. Every Monday I shall find a way to start someone's day in a positive way. Maybe it will be a note or surprise for a neglected friend or total stranger. Maybe it will be a donation to a particular cause. Maybe it will be an unexpected action on my part for someone who won't "get it" but will enjoy it. Maybe ... well, who knows - but it will be something.

Thanks Kat, for the mention. I'm honored. But most of all, thanks for this great idea.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Awwww, shucks...

See? This is why I think you're wonderful!