Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Power of the Lifetime Movie

Once again I have gotten sucked into a Lifetime Movie. Tonight it is something about some wicked high school cheerleaders. As usual, I only started watching halfway through, so I don't know why they're wicked, but it has something to do with the principal and cheerleader mothers versus the cheerleading coach.

I don't watch Lifetime on a regular basis. I usually don't even turn to it unless I'm at Disney World because it's either that or the Top Seven Attractions channel. However, sometimes at home when I'm channel hopping, the cable stops at the currently showing Lifetime Movie. I think it's a conspiracy to suck the brain cells out of my head. I become mesmerized by the fictional/true life story, and am incapacitated and cannot turn the channel. I am only released when the movie is over - but they still get me by advertising the next "original movie" that will be showing.

The movie is over now. The mean cheerleaders and the principal got sacked and the cheerleader coach was vindicated. Everything turned out as it should be. I just wonder if tomorrow night that mother who had a baby but it disappeared but she really feels it is alive, is going to find her baby?

I have got to get a more powerful remote control!

1 comment:

Kat said...

I have the exact same relationship with Lifetime movies. I got sucked into them a LOT when I was home on maternity leave... a girl can only watch The Price is Right so many times, ya know? Whenever Craig sees me watching one, he always comments: "I don't know why you're watching that, you know it'll turn out that the husband did it." He's usually right.

Because of the kids, when we're at Disney, we usually watch the Top Attractions channel non-stop. Just FYI, I actually TRIED the Humunga Kowabunga ride (their #1 on the list) and it wasn't all that... though I DID receive the complimentary wedgie, though, so that much is true ;-)