Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mrs. Steven T. Davidson


10:30 a.m.
August 20, 1977
Chapel of Memories
Mississippi State University
Starkville, Mississippi

This was the day that I finally got a middle name and a third initial for my monogram, became a wife, and started a new chapter in my life. I was all of nineteen years old, and I got married to the man God had designed just for me.



As I look at this couple walking out to a totally unknown future, I wonder what I would tell them 31 years later. Would I dare tell them of the difficult times ahead? Would I tell them what to avoid? What I tell them how to live their lives so they would achieve that "happily ever after?"

The answer is no, because they wouldn't listen. All they care about is each other and their life together ahead. They have no concept of marriage or family or real life. All they know is that they love each other and want to spend every moment of the rest of their lives together.

That's the way it should be, because that is the only way to start a marriage. It has to start with just the two of you, oblivious to that unknown future because you know you can tackle anything together. You have to start knowing that God meant for you to be together, because some days that may be the only thing that keeps you going. You have to start from love and conviction and hope, because those are the things that bind you together. You have to start somewhere, and so you start with the two of you.

Thirty-one years ago I married God's choice for my life. That's over 11,315 days of highs and lows, ups and downs, sickness and health, some money and no money, four houses in three states, three kids, countless cats, baseball and soccer games, new cars and junkers, and all those things that make life so interesting. I wouldn't trade any of them because they're all a part of my life and my marriage, which was started by God and continues to be blessed by Him.

Thanks Steve, for 31 - I love you!



1 comment:

Kat said...

Congratulations, Luanne, may your next 31 be just as wonderful!