Saturday, July 26, 2008

Not Again!

Last year when I was up here for the NYC Half Marathon, I twisted my ankle the day before. So, to keep the tradition alive, this afternoon while I was walking the streets with Steve, John (my brother), and Michael (my nephew), my ankles decided to turn to mush and I ended up splatted on the sidewalk. Luckily I had three males to help me to my feet, John found a small table in the trash on the side of the street, and after I sat on it for a few minutes, I was ambulatory again.

We finished up our walk, John and Michael headed to the movies, and Steve and I returned to our hotel where I propped my foot up. So, the dilemma remains - what about tomorrow?

The questions are: do I go ahead with the race tomorrow if my ankles feel okay, or do I scratch this race? Do I go out on a favorite race, or save the ankles for future races? Am I on my way out of races, or is this a temporary set back? Paper or plastic - oops, sorry - that is a question for another situation.

At this moment, I do not know the answer. All I can say is - stay tuned tomorrow.

No comments: