Friday, July 25, 2008

I Heart New York

Steve and I are in New York City this weekend for the NYC Half Marathon. We're staying on the West Side because the race ends here and I can crawl back to my room after it's over. We're across the street from Battery Park and a few blocks from the subway station, so we're in a good location for this trip.

I've probably only been to NYC a handful of times, but I've enjoyed them all. On different trips, I've marathoned through all the burroughs, enjoyed several Broadway shows, shopped a bit, and eaten at some great places. Steve and I are getting fairly proficient using the subway - quite a switch from the first time Marilyn and I stood in front of the subway map looking like the Beverly Hillbillies, scratching our heads and saying, "Whar we goin'?" We can now find the places we want to visit and locate new places to call our favorites. The best part is that we know there is so much more to discover.

I like New York City for its energy, its experiences, and its people. Now I'm beginning to appreciate it for the memories we create on our family adventures. It's nice to find another place to call a favorite, and New York is one of mine.

No comments: