Friday, July 11, 2008

Back Home Again

Today I've travelled by boat, plane, bus, and car. I toured Ft. McHenry, which inspired Francis Scott Key to write the Star Spangled Banner. I quacked like a duck to strangers on the street and sampled new drinks at Starbucks (blended lemonades). In short, it's been a busy day.

I had a great time in Baltimore. I got to spend time with my family, eat at some good places, and tour the city. The weather was great, and I got a couple of good night's sleep (no Shaggy the cat pawing my face at 3:00 am). My ankle had a few days to recover from last week's adventure down the steps.

But still the best part of any great trip is coming back home. No matter how great the vacation, it's always comforting to get back in your own bed.

Even if you have a cat alarm clock.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

no place like home, Dorothy was right.