Monday, June 2, 2008

Tricky Mondays

With Mondays, you just never know what you're going to get. It might be that you're returning to work after vacation, or it's the first day of a week full of things to do. On the other hand, it might be the first day you've decided to make some changes in your life, or it's your birthday, or your anniversary, or another day to celebrate.

Today was a tricky one for me. First of all, when I was leaving the cruise terminal on Sunday, I grabbed the wrong bag. Who would have thought that someone else would be using the exact same bag I had to pack their dirties in, and it be in the same Chip and Dale section, very close to mine? Did I bother to check the tag? No, because I thought my bag was so unique. Not so. When I got back to Nashville, I had an email from my travel agent saying DCL was calling to say they had my bag, which I thought was odd, until I opened said bag to take out the dirties. Upon realizing that I had not packed my clothes in plastic bags, I checked the name tag and saw a different name than mine. So today was spent on the phone arranging for my bag to be shipped to me, and I had the bag I kidnapped sent to Washington.

I also have the mother of all colds, and spent most of the day taking various cold remedies and applying hot and cold packs hoping to find relief, and attempting to sleep. I haven't felt this lousy in a while.

One might be inclined to think that this would not be a great way to spend a Monday. But the DCL people were very nice and I eventually found the right combination of drugs to unstop my face, so these issues were minor.

More importantly, I was finally able to load my vacation pictures, I enjoyed a belated birthday dinner for Molly with the family, we saw "Sex and the City", and I was able to enjoy being with those I love. All in all, a spectacular Monday.

No comments: