Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I have been trying for the last hour to put into words what being a mother means to me. But there are not enough words to accurately describe the thrill, the heartache, the bliss, the laughter, the tears, the pain, the honor, the privilege, the excitement, the hard work, the frustration, the monotony, the sleep deprivation, the pacing the floor, the pride, the joy, the fear, the smiles, the faith, the hope, and the love that go into being a mother.

There's only one word that can begin to sum it up for me. Motherhood has been a gift, because of Sam, Maribeth, and Molly. They introduced me to a world that I could have never experienced without them. They taught me about love that I had never imagined. They have enriched my life, broadened my horizons, and delighted my life in so many ways.

Because of their births, I am a mother. But because of them, I am who I am today, blessed because of the gifts of their lives in mine.

No comments: