Thursday, April 17, 2008

What's Your Day About?

Today started off with me thinking, "I've been trying to eat healthy for a week. Certainly I've lost five pounds." I get on the scales, then quickly off as I realize I've actually gained a pound.

Next I wash sheets and hang them on my newly installed clothesline in the sun room. Apparently it was too much for the hook in the wall, which promptly pulled out of the wall, dumping my clean sheets on the floor.

I decide to take Maribeth's car in for emissions testing, since her tag is due and I want to use her car for a trip to Home Depot. Her car fails the test - twice. Not only can the emission computer not communicate with the car computer, but her gas cap is faulty.

I drive to the car dealership service department without an appointment, and talk to Kevin and tell him to keep the car until it is fixed. I get home in time to shower and get to my mammogram appointment, but I forgot exactly where the place is, so I end up taking the most circuitous route imaginable. Just about the time I think I am going to be late, the building appears, and God provides me a parking place right in front.

From there, the day turns and I meet lots of nice people in the clinic, Kevin calls to say the car is fixed with not an overly expensive repair, I assemble and install my new birdbath/fountain, I get some of the house picked up and cleaned, Sam and Stephen are on tv, and Marilyn arrives early from Baltimore.

I wonder how many days start out seemingly disastrous, only to become rewarding later on in the day. Had I let the events of the morning cloud my day, I would have missed the gifts that were waiting for me.

The good stuff is there - we just have to believe it's waiting for us to find it.

No comments: