Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What To Do When You Have Lots To Do

I don't like those junky days when I have too many things that I want to do. Instead of choosing, I tend to sit and play solitaire on the computer. Today was one of those days.

I did manage to get out and crawl two miles, still trying to loosen up the stiffness from Saturday's half marathon. I also wanted to swim at the Y, in another attempt to jumpstart losing poundage off my body. But I also wanted to clean the corner of my bedroom, update my race scrapbook, think about packing for another trip to Disney, and about a million other things on my mental to-do list.

I finally decided to work on my corner. It seemed like that would be the thing that would matter the most and would make me the happiest. So I did and am happier because I can go to bed without having a task stare me in the face.

I guess that's the way we have to make choices sometimes. We have to choose the thing that we know will make our lives more content. It may not be the choice that forever alters our lives, or finally gets the wheels in motion for that next big step, or even gives us a little progress on our current path. It's just the choice that makes our now a little more pleasant, a little more peaceful, and a little more restful.

No comments: