Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Stories along the Road

Today I was out on the roads running errands and walking miles. These were some of my experiences and observations along the path:

*At a 4-way stop, I looked around and every car at the stop was a Toyota. Besides my Camry, there were 3 Toyota SUVs. It was almost like we were in a cartoon, and all the Toyotas called each other and said, "3pm at the 4-way. See you then!"

*A short way down the road, two men were in their front yard, intently looking east, causing me to look in the same direction. I don't know what they were looking for or waiting on, but I wanted to stop and say, "Whatchall' looking at?"

*While I was out walking, a teenage boy was practicing riding his unicycle. He was pretty good, and at one point when he slipped off, I had a chance to commend him on his skill.

*Two men were out surveying property. As I walked past, one initiated a conversation with me about the beautiful weather. It was a nice moment between strangers.

*A group of bike-riders zoomed past. These were not the Lance Armstrong variety, but just a group of Regular Joe riders of varying shapes and sizes. They were chatting and enjoying their ride and not worrying about whether they were Lance types.

There's always something to see and learn, if you just look around. Everybody has a story - I wonder who was watching mine!

No comments: