Monday, April 7, 2008

Sticks and Diamond

Today I spent two hours picking up limbs in Molly's yard and placing them where the city chipper could collect them. Some limbs needed sawing, which I did. Others also needed sawing, which I didn't, because I didn't want to saw anymore and I have high hopes that a kind chipper crew will take pity and shove the big limbs into the chipper anyway. The entire job was pretty much a pain, but needed to be done because the chippers were out doing their thing. I managed to add several scratches on my arm to my wounds from yesterday's project, so my own limbs are simply lovely.

To reward myself for today's labor, I decided to sit and watch "The Jazz Singer" starring Neil Diamond. I like this movie (even though most people don't) and I like Neil Diamond and his music, so it was a perfect way to take it easy.

The important thing is to stop and reward yourself from time to time. Maybe it's a movie that nobody else likes, or a CD that nobody else bought, or a culinary delight that nobody else can stomach. What matters is that you like it, and you deserve to enjoy it.

Sometimes we do things because we have to - so why not reward ourselves with things we (and maybe only we) enjoy?

1 comment:

Steve said...

Maribeth and Steve should reward themselves with a Wii.