Monday, April 21, 2008

One Step

Today I had some business in the medical center. I parked on the street, using a parking meter. When I left, I had 45 minutes left on the meter, so I offered it to the lady who was parking in the spot behind me. She thanked me, and we each went on our way.

It was just a simple thing, bothering to approach a stranger with an offer of help. I could have gotten in my car and pulled away, leaving her to figure it out for herself, but instead I chose to take the first step.

All it takes is one step to try and make this world a little better. One step toward a stranger with an offer of help, of encouragement, of understanding. One step to connect with a stranger in a positive way.

Today it was 45 minutes on a parking meter. I can't wait to see what it will be tomorrow.

No comments: