Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mat the Snake

This is Mat the snake. I met him today as I was going out for a walk. Since I first heard of his existence in the laurel bushes in my front yard, I have been on the lookout for him. Today I saw him, and he even managed to hang around long enough for me to get a picture. However, he did not hang around long enough for Maribeth to bring around a mop and dustpan to relocate him!

His name is Mat because (a) today is Mathieu P's birthday, and (b) Matt the Landscaper discovered him (but didn't get rid of him). However, just because he has a name does not mean I like him. I don't like him at all. I wish he would go away. To further document my displeasure at his existence, I have written a poem on his behalf (my apologies to Dr. Seuss):

I Do Not Like Mat the Snake

I do not like this snake called Mat
Not even if he wore a hat.
I do not like him round and long,
Not even if he sang a song.
I do not like him in my yard,
Now I have to be on guard.
I do not like him at my house,
I hope he does not have a spouse!
I do not like him - He freaks me out,
I do not like his snakey snout.
His beady eyes I do not like,
I wish he would quickly take a hike.
I do not like this snake one lick
Mat the snake is a dirty trick.
I wish he'd hurry and move away,
And that is all I have to say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I'm questioning your judgement. RELOCATE?!?! What if Mat comes back (to his mate)? I know, its the humane thing to do, but I would have him "taken out".