Friday, March 21, 2008

A Tale of Two Ladies With No Names

Today I had to say goodbye to the housekeeping lady at the resort. I really tried to get her name today - (okay, I didn't try hard enough). I met her the second day we were at the resort, and was in the room every time she came in to clean (okay, so I didn't get out much). Anyhow, we chatted as she did her thing. She was very sweet, and I think it gave us both a lift for those few minutes. Today she said, "I will be very sorry when I come back on Monday and you aren't here." I responded by telling her how much I appreciated talking with her every morning. I feel really blessed for having met her.

On the other hand, back in Nashville, Molly was having her own encounter with a nameless lady. Last night she and nine of her friends were having a surprise party (at Molly's house, which we own) for a friend. Around ten o'clock they went outside to her carport to bash a pinata. A few minutes later, the next-door nameless neighbor lady came over, threatening to call the cops if they weren't quiet. This is the same neighbor lady that threatened to call the cops when Maribeth had gotten a new puppy who wouldn't stop barking (this was the day she brought it home - she wouldn't even give him a chance). I'm not saying that Molly and friends weren't loud - maybe they were and maybe the lady (lives alone, middle-aged, no kids) goes to sleep early. I'm just wondering if calling the cops is the first thing to do if you're trying to meet the neighbors. Molly has lived in the house three years, and the only times she sees this woman is when she is threatening to call the cops? Luckily for mean lady, the neighbors on the other side of Molly have 3 kids, and are usually up until 2 am.

I guess there's no real moral to this story. We all have our nameless ladies that can either be the bright spots or low points in our lives. Maybe they are put there for a reason - to teach us something, to bless our lives, or just to make our lives a little better or more interesting.

I know why the cleaning lady was a part of my life - I'm sure Molly would like to know the reason for hers!

No comments: