Sunday, March 9, 2008

Playing With Time

Yesterday Steve and I traveled to another time zone to attend a wedding. Since then I have lost an hour, then gained it back, only to lose it again this morning at 2am. I don't know if it makes me ahead or behind, but I know I am tired.

I do like Daylight Savings Time. I'm not sure I really understand the purpose of the whole concept, especially since there are some places that don't even bother changing their time. I do know that with the time change, when I do get out on the golf course I can play late, after the real golfers have finished.

The first week of DST always gets me confused because by the time I think it's time to go to bed, it's WAY past time to go to bed. In the morning, it will be dark when I get up. Again, it will confuse me because I will think it is too early to get up. But I will have the opportunity to see the sun rise.

What's the point of all this? I don't know, except that maybe as we get older, we have to make sure we have all the hours we're supposed to have. Next week we're going to California for a week of vacation. We leave here and get there later but earlier. When we return, we will return even later than when we left, or something like that.

Oh well, as Alan Jackson says, "It's always five o'clock somewhere."

No comments: