Tuesday, March 4, 2008

One Person Does Not a Corporation Make

Today Molly lost her park ticket/room key/driver's license/photo pass. She had it one minute, then it was gone. Finally, after several hours, several visits to Guest Relations, countless retracing of steps, and many retellings of her tale, the lost items were returned to Guest Relations and to Molly.

There were many Disney Cast Members involved in this ordeal. Most were extremely helpful and very nice. One was condescending and snooty. When I dealt with her, I was very dissatisfied with Disney, but when dealing with the nice cast members, I felt good about Disney because of their attitudes.

Any corporation is made up of people, not person. People have attitudes and feelings and personalities. Just because I encounter an employee who does not meet my standards of performance, I have to make sure I don't write off the entire company based solely on this one person. I just have to find that employee that meets my needs.

The beauty of this is that Ms. Snooty is probably a favorite of some other guest, and probably gets many compliments on her winning personality. I guess that's what makes this life so interesting - if we are patient and look hard enough, there's someone somewhere for everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet the snotty woman was really one of Cinderella's evil stepsisters or the wicked witch that messed with Snow White--in character as a person.