Saturday, March 29, 2008

I Can't Believe I'm Doing It Again

Wogging thirteen point one miles tomorrow, that is. I am so far into denial I think I am going to be sick. I have no idea how I'm going to do it, but I am going to try. I don't know why I am going to try to do it, except that it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I had great plans since my last half-marathon on February 17. I was going to train, lose weight, and cut minutes off my time. Instead, I have wogged a wittle bit, gained weight, and am thankful that I have seven hours (the limit for the full marathon tomorrow) to finish.

So where does this leave me? I hope to do my best tomorrow, and to do my best after that to train properly. Will I succeed this time? I hope so. I really want to get better in these races, which means to wog more of the distance in less time. In doing so, I hope to lose weight and feel better. But to do this, I have to get serious.

So tomorrow I will go out again, not trained as well as I should be and not in as good a shape as I should be. I will take it easy with the intent to finish. On Monday, I will start again with the intent to achieve my half-marathon goals.

I guess that's the good thing about goals - you can start achieving them at any minute. It's just time for me to start to pursue mine.

No comments: