Friday, March 14, 2008

Home Again, Home Again - The Facts

Maribeth and Shaggy the Cat are about to spend a week alone in the house together. Bookies are currently taking bets as to which one survives the week.

I have not packed yet for my week-long vacation. The question is, do I take the BIG suitcase and have lots of room for shopping with the danger of being too heavy on the return flight, or do I back the MEDIUM suitcase and be regulated by the size? I think this dilemma is going to delay packing for another few hours.

I have to fly for five hours if I intend to get to Carmel, California tomorrow. I hate flying.

I'm supposed to be doing a 5K in the morning. There's an 80% chance of rain. I haven't done any wogging of consequence in over a week. I'm voting for big rain - as long as it stops by noon and the atmosphere becomes crystal clear for my 2:35 flight.

The weather in Carmel at my arrival time in supposed to be windy. Wind is located in the air and affects things flying there, which is where my body will be on an airplane. I hate the weather channel.

Molly is a vegetarian, and Maribeth is considering becoming vegan. I intend to remain an omnivore.

I am still not packed, and am leaving tomorrow for a week-long vacation. On a Southwest plane that I can only hoped has been inspected by very diligent inspectors.

My laptop may or may not be done by tomorrow. The dilemma is whether to take it as is, or leave it for Molly to perfect in my absence. I'm voting for perfection, although that means I will have to use Steve's computer with no sound.

Maribeth went to the grocery store and bought a new roll of toilet paper. If there's one thing (and there are many) I'm adament about, it's having an ample supply of toilet paper on hand. I am now back up to twelve rolls in my bathroom. Whew!!

Did I mention I'm not packed yet?

No comments: