Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Great Day To Start A Vacation

I love watching the ocean!
The view from our room.

Yes, today was a great day. We woke up way too early for a vacation day, but we were still on Nashville time. We got up and had breakfast at a great local cafe, to be followed by a morning nap. We both actually got in a jog, and then I got some quiet time in the hot tub that's only steps away from our room. The rest of the day we just did a bunch of nothing, finishing the day by eating dinner at a local burger place. It was a great day.

I haven't had a vacation like this in a while. A vacation where there's really no agenda, no miles to wog, no Mouse to see. Just a lot of time for whatever I want to do.

I thank God for this gift. Not only the gift of vacation, but the gift of being able to be still and quiet for a while. The gift of being able to be aware of and be thankful for all I have been given. The gift of being able to be thankful because I have stopped long enough to notice.

Being thankful - what a great way to spend a vacation.

No comments: