Saturday, March 1, 2008

Disney Dedication

Today at Downtown Disney, I saw a man with tattoos all over his small body. The interesting things about this man were that he was an older gentleman (think 60s) and that all the tattoos were Disney related. He probably really had a good story as to his choice of body ink, but I didn't have the courage to ask.

I guess everyone has their way of showing their Disney affections. Mine is to visit often, buy lots of merchandise, and dedicate my guest room to the Mouse. Tattoo Man uses his body. The difference is that Tattoo Man's dedication is obvious every day to everyone he meets. Mine is known to my family and close friends.

The question is, does an outward expression that is obvious to the whole world mean a greater affection than a private one? I don't know, but I will think carefully about this before I head for Miami Ink!

No comments: