Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Treats

Tonight we are having another one of our slumber parties. Part of the plan was to have mani/pedis. However, after getting home today in the 30 degree weather, I decided to skip that part of the festivities. After all, why have pretty toes when you have to cover them up with socks and shoes to prevent frostbite? Why not wait until it's warmer so my pretty tootsies can be on display? So I decided to wait until another time ... until I thought, "Why wait? My feet just walked a marathon. If not now, when?" So Molly and I went for pedis. After 30 minutes of listening to a discussion of cooking in Vietnam and getting stains off of cookware, we left with freshly painted digits.

The point is to treat ourselves whenever we need it, whenever we deserve it, whenever we can. Treat ourselves when we've done something worth rewarding, or not done something we shouldn't. Treat ourselves for a reason, or no reason at all. We should treat ourselves because there comes a point that we should stop and say to ourselves, "You deserve this, right now."

No comments: