Thursday, January 3, 2008

Possibilities

The best thing about a new year are the fresh possibilities that abound. Maybe this will be the year that I really fit into those skinny jeans. Maybe this is the year that there's no family drama. Maybe this is the year that I win the lottery. Maybe, maybe, maybe.

But it's also those possibilities that inspire our optimism and enthusiasm. It's those possibilities that keep us looking forward and believing in our abilities and potential.

This year I have my own possibilities. I want this to be my best year yet. To do that, I hope to make each day my best day.

But my best day may have little to do with what I do on that day. It may be my best day simply because I kept alive my belief that I can do anything. On those days that I can barely fit into my fat jeans, or my entire family thinks they hate each other, or I'm looking under sofa cushions for spare change, my optimism and belief in possibilities will be the thing that keeps me going.

Possibilities - what an exciting way to start the year.

No comments: