Saturday, December 8, 2007

My New Magazine

Today I got my first official copy of AARP The Magazine. Caroline Kennedy is on the cover, of course. She looks about as big around as my right thigh. Apparently she's getting an AARP award - after all she's been 50 for about 48 hours. Luckily, there are other things to read and ponder in the magazine to keep me from being too bitter. Such as ...

*In "The Mail" section, some people are writing in about their AARP sex lives. Too much information from my peers, thank you.

*Apparently I can live in an intergenerational dorm at some colleges.

*Grocery stores put the more expensive brands at eye level. You should look up and down for similar, cheaper items. Another reason not to go to the grocery store, at least until I get old enough for senior citizen day and I can get free cookies.

*People who turn 50 in 2008: AARP, Ellen DeGeners, Sharon Stone, Michelle Pfeiffer, Madonna, Prince, and Viggo Mortensen (and probably Caroline Kennedy again).

*The title of one article is the very title I am using for Cool Moms Care (does this mean all AARP-ers think alike?).

There's a whole bunch of information and articles, not one of which concerns Britney Spears or Brad and Angelina. There are advertisements for a variety of supplements to help me get healthier and programs to help me purchase more life insurance. I think this magazine will be really helpful in my old age - if I could just find my readers and stay awake long enough to read it!

No comments: