Monday, November 12, 2007

Rebuilding and Renovating

My eight-mile wogging route is the same as it has been for seven years. Part of the route covers Belmont Boulevard, a street with wonderful old homes. During the past seven years, I have watched as houses on this street have been renovated to be made new and improved. It's been fun to watch the progress as a house goes from a worn-down structure to a beautiful home.

Currently I am watching a house whose insides have been gutted. The outside shell is the same, but the insides were completely torn out. Today I saw that the carpenters have begun the process of building walls to make rooms. I know that they won't work on the outside until the inside is finished.

At 50, my life is a lot like those old houses. We still have a lot of life left to give, but we need to make a few changes in order to keep going. So we'll start on the inside and let the outside follow. And just like those old houses, I have a Carpenter who knows just what to do.

No comments: