Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ocean's Thirteen and Davidson's Three

It actually was supposed to be a Shrek 3 party, but it got changed to Ocean's Thirteen. I guess that's what happens when two dvds are released on the same day! Now I know why I bought two sets of new pjs - we were going to need another night!

The party was not well-planned. MB had to go to hot yoga, but Mo was starving after class, so we had to eat, but then MB managed to find food when she returned. Mo wasn't aware that it was a sleep-over, so she needed therapy. Since I had picked out the pjs, there was additional therapy for that. I'm not sure if therapy was complete by the picture taken above!

Anyhow, the movie was pretty good. Usually I don't pay careful attention at the beginning of these movies, but I managed to stay on track. Mo was happy because I didn't ask a billion questions. MB was somewhere on the phone, talking to Montana. All in all, it was a successful party. Shrek 3 is waiting, as are our special pjs for that one.

Yesterday, Kat wrote about how "girlfriends get it." She is so right. She helped me realize that I am so blessed to have so many girlfriends in the guise of daughters and daughter-in-law, sister and nieces, and beloved friends that God has placed in my path. These are the women that allow me to be whatever and whomever I am at the moment, without explanation. We can be children at play or adults in crisis, and be that needed companion for the other. Age and distance cannot separate our hearts, and the memories of times past keep us together until the next memory takes place. It's great to have the gift of "getting it."

No comments: