Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Hanging of The Green at Crestridge


The Christmas tree is up, and as you can see, Shaggy the Cat is guarding it carefully. Or he is making a point that there are no presents for him under the tree.

Since we are not going to be here for Christmas this year, I debated whether to even put up a tree. Sam and Lynnette will be in Texas, and the rest of us will be .... well, let's just say my Christmas dinner will have a Mickey bar in it! Before everyone leaves town this year, we will have our family Christmas party. But I wondered if dragging the tree out with the boxes of ornaments was worth the trouble.

Sometimes I don't want to do things because I think it will take too much time or effort. I perform my own cost/benefit analysis, and decide that a particular task just isn't worth doing. I think I miss some unexpected surprises when I decide things this way. Thankfully, I decided the tree was worth it. As I hung each ornament, I remembered some of the family history that went with it.

Last night, when I lit the lights for the first time, I felt happy and content. There's just something about seeing your tree that just makes you feel a little more festive, even if there's Shaggy Scrooge underneath!

No comments: