Thursday, November 15, 2007

Dancing With Marie

I've never watched "Dancing With The Stars" until this year. I started out watching because of Wayne Newton - I used to be a fan when he was much younger and sexier. (Note to Wayne - you should have said no when asked to do this.) Even after his ouster, I continued to watch because I liked many of the stars.

Some of my favorites have been kicked off, but I still enjoy those who are left. My favorite is Marie Osmond. She is having a great time dancing, even though she has fainted on live television, her father died, and her son went to rehab. She epitomizes what life at our age is all about - still dancing and enjoying life, even when it's life filled with tragedy, family upheaval, and scrutiny by those around us.

Whether Marie leaves next week, or stays on to win, doesn't matter. She has my vote because she is a model of a woman who can laugh, cry, entertain, amuse, and take whatever life has in store - and keep on dancing.

No comments: