Sunday, October 14, 2007

A Lovely Sunday

Sundays - a day of rest. Today certainly fit that bill.

It started with a lazy sleeping-in of sorts. I didn't actually sleep late, but I lazily got up, deciding to forgo an organized church service. Instead, I just started slow and relaxed, which felt just right.

The family met for the usual Davidson Sunday brunch at Amerigos, complete with stories and new made-up games. We topped it off with a visit to Bobbie's Dairy Dip where I indulged in my new favorite, a chocolate dipped chocolate ice cream cone.

Naturally, what would these actions lead to but a nap. With the windows open, a favorite blankie, and my bed set on the perfect sleep number, I took a lovely snooze.

The rest of the day went uneventfully, just a bit of this and that. Nothing spectacular got accomplished, nothing particularly noteworthy came about, and nothing monumental surfaced. Just a day of rest.

I think God is pleased when we take days like today for ourselves. It gives us a chance to appreciate the beauty of today, reflect on the blessings of days past, and rest for the mysteries of days to come.

Sundays - a day of rest. What a great way to start the week!

No comments: