Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Jogging and Me

This was today's Kodak Picture of the Day. I like it because the caption underneath the picture says that it is "a tiger who likes to swim." My question is then why does he look so fierce and ticked off?

Then I got it. I think I have the same face every time I want to get out and jog, but I can't seem to get started. I tell myself that I really don't want to get out and jog, but I know I really do want to do it. I hate the first half mile, but I end up enjoying it as the miles increase.

So the next time I start out with my love/hate relationship with jogging, I'm going to think about this tiger. I'm going to remember that the good "loving it" part will overcome the crummy "hating it" part - if I just will get out there and get to it!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I wonder if I look like that when I begin my swim at my new gym. I am working up to swimming a mile without stopping, then I will work towards 2, then 3, just as you have done with your "wogging" I guess mine is more like "flimming." (floating & swimming)