Thursday, October 25, 2007

Here I Go Again

Tomorrow I leave again for the The Happiest Place On Earth for another race. This time it is the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 13K. It begins at 9:30 at night, and at my current pace, I figure I should be ending at 11:30. At night. When I am usually asleep. This should be interesting. One might question why I would choose to do this, so I will enlighten you.

Top Ten Reasons I Will Be Running In The Dark Saturday Night

First of all, it's Disney - 'nuf said. If Disney had a race herding sheep down Main Street (the one in the Magic Kingdom, anyway), I would be in. I know, it is a sickness.

Second, it is an inaugural race. I like being a part of the first one and competing in it every year. So far, I have two races like that - the Minnie Marathon (guess where) and the New York City Half Marathon.

Third, you get a medal. What can I say - I like bling, especially Disney race medal bling!

Fourth, it's only a 13K, which in English means 8 miles. Although my training is a little off, I think I can do 8. I did six in a race (wonder where) only three weeks ago , so I think I'll be okay, as long as I don't run into something in the dark!

Fifth, did I mention it's Disney?

Sixth, this is part of my larger training plan for the marathon I'm doing in January. Want to guess where it is? It is the marathon's 15th anniversary, but only the third time I've done it. I got sucked in when I heard that the

The 15th Anniversary Marathon Finisher's Medal is so special that it will remain TOP SECRET until the end of the race. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to earn an exclusive medal that will never be produced again.

I know, they got me!

Eighth, I can justify a Mickey Bar. Or two.

Ninth, menopausal thinking?

Tenth, if I keep doing these things, I can justify an annual pass, and you know what that means - more trips to justify getting the annual pass!!

So, off I go again. If you wanted to join me, sorry, but this race and the marathon are filled. However, the Minnie in May is still open - interested?

No comments: