Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Getting Back On Track

Okay, so it's been a few days since I posted. I've been busy doing nothing, which takes a lot of effort! But slowly, I am getting back to normal.

Yesterday I made a grocery run, and used my new eco-friendly grocery bags. Instead of walking out with ten of those regular bags, I had two (albeit heavier) bags. Made me feel like I was saving the world.

Today I walked three miles. Slowly, but I did get three in. While out, I saw for the first time, kids in their Metro-dictated school uniforms. They all looked very tidy, almost professional (for kindergartners). I'm not sure how parents and students are reacting to this, but to me it seems a step in the right direction, giving education a little shot of seriousness.

I also saw a dog owner walking his dog. He got props for picking up his dog's poop, but he bagged it and left it by the side of the road. Curious.

So, today is all about effort - me in using alternative bags, Metro schools for implementing a uniform policy, and one man's poop retrieval. One worked, one is in process, and one is questionable. Metro and I are trying new things - maybe the dog owner is too, he just hasn't figured it all out.

The important thing to continue to try new things, to put yourself out there, to dare to change your life. Those are the experiences that make this life such a ride.

No comments: